Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Back from Camp Roger

I picked up the boys from Camp Roger on Friday. Parents and family were invited to a dog tag ceremony, dinner and skits around the fire. Dog tags are awarded for one of four qualities that the YMCA represents: honesty, caring, respect and responsibility. Each camper worked on these all week in hopes of earning one. Alan was awarded responsibility for his behavior during camp and Benjamin was awarded honesty for his willingness to honestly and openly speak his mind. Dinner was interesting. The was a certain routine the camp follows to try to keep order. The staff performed a skit and we ate family style (each table getting plates of food to pass to each other). After dinner, each cabin performed a skit on stage at the fire pit. I was impressed with the staff and the facilities are great. It is quite a beautiful place. Highlights were when the moose in camp cancelled the sleep out and the dance night. I think they had quite a lot of fun and would enjoy going back next year.

I forgot my camera and tried (unsuccessfully) to take pictures with my phone. So all I have to post is the souvenir photos each boy got at the end. Maybe we'll have more when the disposable cameras get developed.

No comments: