Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Year's Eve

It's the last day of 2008. I can't say it's been the worst year but it certainly hasn't been the best. With Alex being laid off a few weeks ago and jobs looking pretty scarce. We know folks who've been looking for months!

Christmas was nice this year. The kids said it was the best ever. My favorite moment was caroling (in garb) at the Cove Point Retirement Center. The folks' eyes lit up as we sang and many sang with us. It gave me the feeling I was looking for, that I could do something positive for the world at a time which is usually more depressing and stressful for me (the holidays). It made all the difference and even though we have done "Sub-for-Santa" for many years, this was much more emotionally fulfilling. We went to four different care centers on Christmas day with a total of 12 in our group all dressed in our medieval garb. After we went to IHOP which was the only place open. We did a good deal of visiting over the holiday but I think I could have enjoyed even more!

Tonight is up in the air for plans. We could go to the mall for "First Night" or stay home and play the new Wii or maybe some friends will call...

Here's hoping that 2009 is a good one!

No comments: