Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Our New President

"What a confidant figure," Alex told me as he watched Barack Obama arrive to be sworn in as the 44th President of the United States of America. Being busy at work, I only heard the tail end of his speech but I will watch it later. I am both excited and hopeful for the changes that may be made for the better here in our country beginning today. I am planning to use his speech as well as quotes from Martin Luther King, Jr. on Sunday when I teach the kids class at church. It's funny, when I talk to Alan about it he just doesn't understand the concept of prejudice! It's no big deal to him that the president is black. I hope I have truly taught my kids that there are no differences in people that matter beyond what is in their heart, mind and soul.

1 comment:

Kristine said...

Thanks for thinking of me. I really miss visiting with people at the studio. I am so tired of living in a bubble! My immunities are shot so I can't risk any infection right now.
Hope your family is doing well, and your migraine is gone!! you have such cute kids! Love, Kris