What is it about getting older that wreaks havoc on your sleep patterns? It seems that I wake earlier and I am tired earlier. The worst is if I wake in the night, I often can't go back to sleep until it is time to get up. Last night being one such incident. I woke at 2:30am and couldn't go back to sleep until about 6:00am. I get up at 6:30am and I had been up watching the Olympics until about 11:30pm last night. Needless to say, I am a little fuzzy today.
Well, Lagoon was more fun than usual. The boys behaved well and we were all fairly happy even though we did not get to Lagoon-a-beach (the pool/water park area). The boys rode the go-carts and the adults drove the dragsters. I am proud to say that we raced each other as well as two men (four cars on the track) . I won twice and Alex won twice (we got an extra race due to technical difficulties). It is really quite fun and exciting!
Yesterday we spent with out of town relatives: Juliet, Rob and their two boys Kayden and Kyler. They visited the boys martial arts class and then went with us to our weekly medieval group meeting. (We hope it has piqued their interest!) We had a great time with them and hope we can visit them in WA next year.
Things are always busy and hectic for us but I'm glad to say that we are happier than ever regardless of our troubles. No matter your age you continue to learn and grow as a person. (I should be perfect by the time I am 100!) It is wonderful to love and be loved! It is never too late to choose happiness.
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I hear ya! It's called the Olympic Hangover! I have it too. Sounds like you had fun at Lagoon. Glad to hear your happy! That makes me happy too. Take care. Love ya!
Post a Comment