Thursday, June 26, 2008

Returning from war

Well, we got back from Uprising War Sunday evening. Both to and from trips were harry as we almost ran out of gas each way. Pulling our vardo is very bad on gas mileage, we think it was about 6 mpg. It's like pulling a wooden parachute...

War was fun! Here's a link to my pictures: http://s254.photobucket.com/albums/hh103/kristinela/SCA/Uprising%202008/

We both got our Award of Arms (that means that we are able to wear "live" steel in the presence of the King and Queen) which was a total surprise! We shopped, shopped and shopped. Alex fought in the unbelted tourney and the melees. The kids and I took the basic archery class and they are excited to start shooting. I need to get bows for them and some arrows as well. The boys did a bit of youth combat as well.

We are tired and still need to unpack some. I will be really busy with this hobby and with church and work (I passed my Six Sigma Green Belt test, yeah!). We also have home improvement projects and the yard is a disaster. AND there is the big yard sale I am hoping to have (the whole neighborhood) as I am really going to purge excess stuff. I guess we'll see how it goes!

No comments: